Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mom's birthday, more illness = another day at home.

Today is my mom's birthday.. She would have been 77 today. I am the worst at remembering birthdays and I was on Facebook briefly today, when a birthday notice came up that Patricia Finneran Eckerle's birthday was today... I don't whether I am sad or happy that Facebook notified me of my mom's birthday.  I will toast her at around 5 pm today with a good old Gin and Tonic.. Join me if you'd like.. it'll be 11 am your time.  She was a wonderful person and I miss her everyday.

Everything here is good except for the fact that Maura now has the bug.. Her and Michelle got the intestinal virus, but not accompanied with a serious temperature... so that is good.

the kids got all of their swim gear yesterday at school and I have to say, we may be over our heads.. The kids got new caps, suits, shorts and sweatsuits.. Kate got the coolest suit I've ever seen with a giant sun on it and the flag of Malawi. Practice starts today.

We are camped in the living room sorting bills, scanning receipts and watching 80's music videos on VHI Classic... Currently playing is "modern Love" by David Bowie.. love that song.

Michelle's work is very busy but going in the right direction.. She is being pulled in multiple directions by the hospital and her current research project. She is putting in long hours but doing well. I'll have to have her write about her experiences when she gets a chance.

Ok, all for now.. sorry for the dull post.. Maybe we are getting settled?
Photos include my mom and dad, A giant Baobab tree on the way to the lake, Malawian gin and a huge katydid on our door last evening