Thursday, October 30, 2014

taking things for granted.

Michelle came home yesterday obviously shaken up by things that are taking place at the hospital.
Without getting into specifics, people are suffering due to circumstances that we may take for granted.  Be thankful for ambulance service, 911, and having enough minutes on your cell phone to call someone in the event of an emergency.

 A woman who I see quite often with her 1 year old child approached me yesterday and asked if I could assist her in helping to buy supplies or seeds or something to aid her in the process of producing maize.. She stated that she has 4 children, is divorced and only makes the equivalent of 50$ a month, working a full time job..  11$ of that salary goes to paying rent.  This is quite common I'm sure.

I see alot of these people working each day and wonder if they will be able continue this way of life for an extended period of time.. Is it possible to raise 4 kids on 50 $ a month?

Be thankful for good healthcare

Busy afternoon and I'm sweating puddles as I teach.. I miss air conditioning... my 1st graders told me I looked sick.. While my 2nd graders told me I looked "sweaty" and "old".. They are so cute.