Friday, October 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Jacob!

***** Before I continue, all the videos that I uploaded over the past few days I did not realized could not be viewed.. I have unlocked all of them, so you should be able to view them.. Please check them out if you'd like.. Sorry for the issues with videos... Please let me know if problems continue ..****

I think one of the most difficult things about coming here was leaving our now 19 year old son to his own devices.. It could be worse for all of those who think we are nuts leaving our son to tackle college and living on his own... Here, most people send their kids off to boarding school at the age or 13 or 14..  Many of the ex-pat families here send their children off to Kenya for schooling.
We obviously had our concerns leaving him back home, but I think things are going well.  And as Jacob so eloquently put it when I hugged him goodbye... "dad, it's only 10 months." Which is right.. a blip in time... Thanks to all of our families looking out for him back home.. We look forward to seeing him in December. So far, so good.. and I think he misses us..  Thank God! We miss him too and wish him a great today.. below is a video from school today... it's our happy birthday to him from the 1st grade.. in the back Jude , Franny and Maura sat in .. Kate was in class.. 
Headed away tomorrow .. will be back on Sunday.. I hope everything is going well at home.. Cheers Jacob.. We love you.