Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I'll brag on my kids


As we got ready for school this morning, I was scrambling to get my things ready and make a fresh cup of coffee.. I walked through the house and couldn't find any of my kids.. Went out to the truck, no one was in it.. Michelle said as I passed her again through the house.. "they are on the trampoline. " it was about 6:40 in the morning and the kids were jumping up and down in our new purchase. I have to say I am more than impressed with the way they've handled moving 9000 miles away from home. there has been a few tears here and there, but this move has taught me (so far) that my kids are fantastic. I'm a bit partial I know, but this could have been a disaster. Michelle and I have worried about their well being since we started talking about this move, but the kids have coped well and I think are really enjoying their time here.. Maybe it has something to do with us putting on our game faces regardless of how we are coping, or maybe kids are more resilient than we give them credit for.. 

Since I have nothing else to report today, i'll just leave it at that.. Below are a few mindless videos of the kids, but I thought they were kind of nice to show 1) a little of their play area and 2) the swimming pool where they spend alot of their afternoons..  especially Kate.. Headed to take a swim myself as the work day is over.. 

before school

Break time at school

 

chess at the lake