Friday, February 1, 2008

Jacob's Setswana


As Michelle and I find it very difficult to
learn the local language(Michelle is doing much better than I) Jacob is improving at least in his writing of the language. Here is a paper he wrote describing his home. apparently it says his home has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, he plays in his bedroom and eats in his kitchen... I think.
I have no way of knowing.
it's cool to see him doing this stuff here. I on the other hand am horrible at picking up the local tongue. I usually end up replying to questions in Spanish, just b/c I stumble, get nervous and say things like "y tu?" and "me Llamo Andy". I'm an idiot.

It's 3 pm here, we're headed to friday night Cricket @ 4. Then we'll be back for pizza and a showing of "Toy Story" on Disney channel. Jacob made the swimming team and has his first "swimming gala" on tuesday. He's doing the backstroke.
One final note... the office at their school flooded with water today b/c there was a big snake stuck in the water pipe, causing it to clog and I think explode. they were planning on killing the snake. It was only a brown house snake, so no mamba sighting yet.