Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HOT!!!!


It's wednesday, and you know what that means...... It's still freakin' hot! Swimming is on the agenda today, as well as tomorrow and for the rest of the month... fortunately we haven't had any problems with our electric going out, and the evenings get very comfortable.. so it's only the daytime and late morning where the sun beats down on you relentlessly. Michelle is still putting in long hours at the hospital, and children are still filing in with diarrhea and malnutrition. I think it's simply a part of life here.
Celeste and I took the 3 little ones to Sanitas today, which is a garden center and tea garden... it has a sand pit and playground area that the kids love to play in. The first time we went there as a family, monkeys invaded the place. But today it was quiet and we had the whole place to ourselves.. It's a great place to go, considering it is the closest thing we have to a park. The playground is surrounded with huge palm trees. It's like an oasis of green...

Now headed up to school to pick up the kids... Attached are some photos from my most recent trip to gabane ... My visits there are still quite nice, although the people are becoming more demanding and expect me to take 16 photos of them drinking beer. And when i don't have all their photos printed, they wonder why... but all in all, it's great to go there... it's always an adventure and i always get at least 4-5 good shots... I am becoming a fixture there and I go by either andy or eddie, whichever they prefer.. I'm flexible. The photos of the kids are great. They were so scared of me at first... Never seen a white man before.. Their mother kept telling them it was ok, but I took a few photos of them, showed them their images and they were
ok... I knew they loved me when they kept kicking me in the shins