Saturday, February 9, 2008

marker hell








Writing this at 8:30 in the morning..... Jacob is off to his basketball camp, which is every Saturday morning.. The twins and Maura are block building on the floor(which will eventually turn into a screaming match), kate is chilling watching cartoons. It's sunny and hot(surprise) and Michelle was called into the hospital at 6:30 this morning... No plans today as Michelle is on call all weekend.

Good news from home.. My dad is back at home, out of the rehab hospital and happy to be out of there... Way to go Pop! We are thinking of you and mom over here in Botswana...

ok, now it's 9:50. I have been chasing the twins around the house, they got a hold of a few markers, decided the walls need a change in color, as well as the floor.. I love it! I always told myself I was never going to allow my children to draw on the walls, floors, etc..... Oh well, they win.
Since I'm mad at the twins this morning for destroying my house, I've posted pictures of other children. These were taken a few weeks ago. The children here are absolutely beautiful and strong. And I bet they never draw on the walls. One of the pictures is an image of some children wheeling some glass bottles back to the shop for a refund.. remember those days? One other note..the other photo is a woman displaying how they carry their little ones around.. simply wrap a cloth around your waste and strap them on.. The kids sit there for hours. It makes us look like idiots with our LLBean carrier... I should also state, that many of the women carry a baby on their back, a bag of groceries in each hand, and a bundle of sticks, watermelon, or just about anything on their head.. That's a photo i have to get..It's amazing... There were women carrying large logs about 8 ft. in length on their heads yesterday....I was too busy yapping to get their photo.

All for now... thinking of you today dad.