Friday, February 8, 2008

Maria Sharapova look out... and Jacob meets his first snake.


Not much to report today... except that it is as hot as a popcorn fart. I've attached video of Kate during her tennis practice... It was awesome.. She is a natural. It's 5 minutes of video, I think she hits the ball twice.. But who cares...


Jacob informed me that as he was changing classes this afternoon, there was a reddish tint snake slivering across the grounds, about 7 feet away from him... it was about 3 feet in length, hissed at his classmates, and then barfed up a dead frog. His teacher told him they just witnessed something very rare. It sounded cool, I'm glad I wasn't there.. I'm waiting for the day when I encounter a big one while jogging.. here's a photo of my jogging path... I occasionally see mongoose and good sized lizards, but none of those other things..
here's a cool website of a snake park near chobe.. we passed it several times while we were there.. I didn't really trust the cardboard sign on the side of the road, but after seeing their web page, wished I would have gone... for all those planning to visit us, we'll check it out with you... http://www.chobesnakepark.org/ . Apparently, there are 60 species of snakes here, 12 are deadly... I love the word deadly when talking about snakes... especially when they live near you... Nothing else going on, it's skyline time for dinner and a movie later..