Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Bowl Monday!!!!




Jacob and I spent our Monday evening watching a shortened version of the Super Bowl. We still were able to catch Tom Petty perform his medley of tunes(thank god), but we didn't get any of the commercials. It didn't feel the same as home, but was still entertaining. Not much to report, Michelle is very, very busy with work here. Apparently due to the rain in southern Africa, there is a major outbreak of diarrhea in children, which is life threatening. Michelle is also working in the hospital these next 2 months and not just the AIDS clinic, so she will be extremely busy with that. I, on the other hand, am not so busy.. We hear our beloved President is coming to southern Africa regarding AIDS in the next few weeks. I wonder if he'll come to the BW. From what I see and hear, they won't be rolling the red carpet out for him. It's hilarious, when I tell people where I'm from, they turn up their noses and say.... "the land where Bush come from." Not well liked here.

I have been asked to do an original mural on the front entrance wall of Jacob and Kate's school, which is a big deal.... I plan on visiting my friends in Gabane in the next few days, while trying my hands at making soups...... If anyone has good, simple recipes for some hearty, simple soups, please email them to me @ andrewecks@hotmail.com .


Side note.... Jude has been really digging putting on girls clothing and high heels.. should I worry? He does make a handsome girl.... here's some pics, as well as a photo of me and my friend Thebe....