Friday, February 22, 2008

some cool work...


well, just by chance I have stumbled on an opportunity to do work with a local orphanage. I was searching for some pictures of Botswana and found this great one of some children. I clicked on it, found out it was for a Botswana orphanage, emailed the contact only to find out it is funded by a couple in the U.S. I told them i was interested in volunteering, they asked if I could possibly go and teach the kids a few things about photography to help with their fundraiser. Apparently they give the older children some cameras and they take photos of their lives, they have the developed and exhibit them back home to raise money..

the orphanage is called Reneetswe orphan center, its located in the village of Mmangkodi, about 30 minutes away from here.. Here's a website....http://www.awish.net/Africa/botswana.htm I'm looking forward to the opportunity... It is run by a local Catholic priest, so I hope to be in contact with him in the next few days.. Other than that, its business as usual. Friday night is "bum night" and for that matter , so is saturday night.. we plan on grilling out, swimming and watching a movie.. Tonight is "spongebob movie" We rented a few DVD's from the local shop... Hopefully they work. chances are , they don't.
all for now