Tuesday, August 12, 2014

nice dinner out..

hello all, it's presently 945 here in Lilongwe and very chilly. Tonight I was treated to a traditional Malawian meal at a place that I can't remember the name. But it was on the outskirts of town and seemed far removed from the busy streets of the city. In order to get there, we had to drive off the main road, onto dirt roads through little villages along the way. We were treated to great singing and a dinner that consisted of nsima (a staple Malawian whipped cornmeal that looks like mashed potatoes), beef stew, grilled chicken, cabbage salad and pumpkin leaves(i think). we also had fried bananas for dessert.  It was delicious. Aside from that, the place was rugged and very cool.
As we left the restaurant it was pitch black and the sky was filled with millions of stars..  nothing quite as beautiful as an african sky. I drove home in pitch black darkness, with only a full moon to light the way. I think my night vision is going bad, as I couldn't see a thing on the way home. Here is   a photo of the bar and a traditional malawian dinner

 ... all for now. tomorrow is a big day as I head to the airport to finally retrieve my golf bag!! it just arrived 6 days late.

malawi bar

traditional malawian food.