Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WANTED: Dead or Alive! and the beginning of the end




Here's Jude, sporting the "criminal" look.. which is totally in style here..
Sorry it took me so long to get it on the blog... I think he looks cool...Also photographed is Maura and Franny with her classic look of... "go ahead, try and make me laugh... you won't!" Now that I look at the photos, I think Franny is the one we need to worry about getting arrested... She's going to be a tough one..

Today starts the beginning of our last stretch of time here in Africa.. And as I spend alot of time thinking about the hows, whens and whats of coming home , I need to take the time to reflect on everything here.. Ever since we've come home from our long trek my mind has been wandering home... My mom emailed me the other day and stated how peaceful and quiet everything looks here... And it is...
Something I will always cherish about living here is it's calm pace...and it's people... I think we're going to be in for a rude awakening when we return..

Michelle and I went out for dinner last night and again the sun was setting behind some of the small hills that encircle the city...Every night, right on cue.... a beautiful sunset.... Of course there is a layer of dust and cows in the roadway, but I think I need to be more aware of our last 3 months here and not so concerned with getting things straightened out for home.. so we'll try our best to soak it up.
It's turning hot and the bathing suits have come out...
Maura starts back to Dipeo today and the older ones go back to school tomorrow.. If everything goes as planned... Jacob will graduate from Northside school in December.

All for now...