Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jude







Apparently, last night Jude got out of his cot, walked down the steps and was able to turn on the TV and tune to "E" TV to watch "The Girls of the Playboy Mansion." Michelle and I were dead to the world and Jacob discovered our sneaky little 2 year old glued to the Tv set at about 3 in the morning... Good ole Jude, always keeping us on our toes..

Today is the big day.... First softball game with me at the helm.. I'll let you know how it goes.. Here is Botswana , there is never any chance of a rainout, you can a 162 game season and never have a single drop of rain...
Atong will be my leadoff hitter, Jacob and I made the lineup last night..

Took some photos yesterday, my favorite is of the girl with the umbrella at the tuck shop. Other photos are "Smallman" at the bottle store, a beautician(don't know her name), a billboard for the local cell phone company(they're everywhere) highlighting 4 of the stars of our soccer team... The billboard translates.. "you, Orange and the Zebras".. Also other billboards/handmade posters that litter the streets.. "o Tswa Kae" means "where are you from". See, I've learned a little here. oh and of course Maura on the couch with her new hat..
.. All the girls here walk with umbrellas to keep them shaded from the sun. It is very becoming and something I don't think anyone could pull of at home... I know I couldn't... Ok.. all for now...
Hope they don't postpone the softball game due to the financial crisis..