Saturday, September 6, 2008

News of the day ..... Jude gets a BUZZ!!!!

Well, in a matter of 3 minutes last night, Jude lost all of his long locks of hair, which the local women totally dug him for...He has a new look now, and boy is it something to see.. Too bad I don't have any pictures of it.. yet... We have video of it, but the tape is not working properly.. Our electronics are falling apart in our last few moments here in Africa...

Jude looks spectacular... Like a giant baby or a man on death row... take your pick.... I like the first one.. Michelle started to cry as I began cutting his hair.. He was laughing most of the time.. It'll grow back, and for now, we enjoy rubbing his nearly bald head for good luck.. It doesn't take anything away from his winning personality or girlish long eyelashes, it just makes him look tough... like he should be packing heat... I think Franny enjoyed it... she kept looking on thinking... "Cut it. cut it.. cut it all off!!!!"

As for now, nothing else going on.. Michelle and I continue to train for the Soweto Marathon... She ran this morning with some other doctors and stated "there isn't anything more obnoxious than 4 white people running together." I thought that was kind of funny... I guess it is... wherever you live. But when you live in Botswana... it kind of stands out, considering no one else in the country runs because they all walk 30 miles a day.

The girls went to see "Peter and the Wolf" with Michelle this morning... Me and Jacob are taking mug shots of Jude and pretending he was arrested for "armed robbery and auto theft"... He looks as if he'd get busted for attempting to steal lottery tickets from a Newport Ameristop... I hope to God I didn't just predict the future.. I felt a strange tingle in my arm as I wrote that last sentence.

To make up for it.. heres some cute video of the kids at the beach... Cape Vidal and St. Lucia are the places .... the beaches were great.. rock pools for the kids to wade in... warm water and snorkeling for the older kids...

Enjoy the video.. Jude and his new doo-bust will be up soon..