Friday, October 3, 2008

the election coverage has got to go!!!



I went running today.. 12 miles... the traffic into town around 7 am is absolutely a mess...Not much they can do about it either... with roundabouts and single lane roads headed every which way.. it gets to be a mess.. Along with the exhaust fumes, the sun and the heat, it was a memorable jog..

As I was running, I thought about the training Michelle and I have been doing for the past 3+ months...
In that time, I have only gone for 1 run when it was cloudy.. there has never been any rain or wet pavement. It has been sunny and clear for every single run...every single mile.... Makes me yearn for a cold January morning or a cloudy fall day..

Had to go pick up the truck from Michelle this morning when she was at work...This is her last shift at the Public hospital.. When I went into the pediatric ward, I saw many, many children lying on cots on the floor, some sharing beds and many who appeared seriously ill.. I know Michelle will be sad to leave this work.

Nothing else to report... last post I mentioned laying in the tent the other night listening to the wildlife that surrounded us... I did some research and found a great website that has sound clips for many of the animals that we've heard on our journeys here... Check it out... Copy and paste into browser..
http://zar.co.za/sound.htm

Enjoy...
Tomorrow is the fair at Northside school.... which means another SNAKE SHOW!!!!.
I plan on at least taking some photos.. Stay tuned!!!