Sunday, October 5, 2008

no luck with the snakes





Went to the Northside school fair yesterday, anticipating to get some great photos for my blog... No snakes, no BDF, nothing.. I was misinformed and am very upset..
But, we had a nice afternoon visiting some of the booths, having a few beers and enjoying the great weather.. The kids had a nice time and enjoyed the company of their friends...

A local artist named Puni was there, selling many of her hand made dolls, paintings and magnets .. We talked to her for a while( Ihave met her before) and purchased a few things..
We plan on getting together with her before we head back home..
I've posted 2 photos of her work.. One is a magnet and the other is a recent painting of hers... I dig her work..

Speaking of artists, Maura is the second coming of Picasso... She draws 90% of the day... Non stop, anything and everything... It's fun to watch and at times a little frustrating.... I don't know where to put all of her stuff and she'll use a ream of paper in a few days. Her work is... brilliant... I realize my opinion may be slightly skewed, but it is fantastic..

I've posted a self portrait she drew... she is sitting at a table drawing...surprise...

Another sunny afternoon here is Gabs and I am doing one of my most enjoyable chores.. honestly... Handwashing laundry...
Jacob went sailing with a friend at the Gaborone Dam, Michelle went to get her hair cut at a salon where the owner told her.. "We know how to do white people's hair", and the twins are not doing a good job of taking a nap...

I am enjoying some time to myself, hoping that Jude will stop trying to entertain Franny and simply fall asleep.