Monday, July 7, 2008

I am spoiled.

Celeste was sick today and i told her to go home for the day.....
She has been such a great help throughout our stay here and I think today was the first day in a long time that I had all the kids on my own since we left the U.S. I have been spoiled.

I decided it was time to get out there and do the things I'd normally do at home.. I went grocery shopping at the mall with the twins(mistake), ate lunch with the older kids at NOrthside with the twins(mistake) and did a few other errands around town with them(mistake). It's very difficult to do these things here. 1. There's nothing to entice them with, there's no playgrounds..(except at the recycling center that is littered with broken glass), etc. Plus, they didn't nap,which is becoming a problem. At Northside, they tried many, many times to climb the jungle gyms that they are much too small to handle.. It was somewhat of a mess. They are just difficult to handle. And when you throw Maura in the mix, it becomes a nightmare.. Plus the constant staring that happens because there's this white guy downthe aisle that has twins all by himself... I always get this question..."Where is their mother!" As opposed to the one I got at home.... "Dad's day with the kids or giving mom a break eh?" Truth is the twins don't get out much, and spend alot of their days playing around the house.. so when they get the opportnity to get out, its as if someone slipped them a cup of coffee.. They go nuts. And I have to prepare myself mentally for it..They swarm the truck, salivate when they see it and sprint to it when I open the door. We did, in all honesty have a good day, I'm just spoiled.. I am used to taking off and getting the older kids with ease and bringing them back home with ease..

I really think the age is what's the most difficult.. they are fast, know what's up and love to play "Catch me" at the same time.

Oh well, wouldn't trade it for the world... or would I?

Look forward to tomorrow... I am headed out to take some more shots around town and we are officially starting up our cornhole league.. .

One thing... Botswana sunsets are the best.. I have a friend here who's lived all around the world that says.. the sunsets and the stars at night are the best he's ever seen.. I dont think I need to live anywhere else to find this out.I was grilling around 5 pm this evening and the light of the evening, the color of the sky is absolutely amazing. It's quiet, happens quickly and changes each minute..And it happens every day... So I guess I'm spoiled that way as well.