Wednesday, July 16, 2008

classic Botswana opening nite



Jacob's opening night for " Snow White and the Seven Aliens" didn't even start...
There was a power outage in our neighborhood from about 6:30- 8:30 so they had no electricity to run the show. Forutnately for us we will now get to experience opening night. I got a sneak peak at the characters last night, it looks like a pretty elaborate production. They were even selling items outside(alien socks), and had photos of the key characters in the play on a marquee(Jacob Eckerle as Major Tom). Kate has an assembly this morning and will be reading poetry, she spent most of her evening last nite composing music and writing songs.. "I'm headed home, going back to Pixie..." I think she meant Dixie.
I am going out to catch up on some photography.. It has been a long time since I've done that and I have to get back into it. I am receiving text messages from people in Gabane stating.. "Have you forgotten us in Gabane?" This doesn't help my Catholic guilt. Michelle heads out on another outreach tomorrow... taking an airplane to the middle of nowhere.

Gotta go, Jude's new hobby is tearing up all the books in our small, crippled library. THe clouds are officially out of sight.. The great thing about a power outage is you get to see the stars/sky at night... I think this is the only place I've been where you could easily play a game of basketball/soccer/cornhole at night without any lights... The moon is so bright, it illuminates the whole place.