Monday, June 8, 2015

final week of school

This is it.. Last week here at ABC Academy. Kate spent alot of the weekend studying for here exams. She'll be busy until Wednesday at noon. The kids will have different events during the week and end with a field day on Friday. Michelle heads to Salima on Wednesday to start a project there, and me and the kids will make our last drive through the country to meet her there.. We've rented a private cottage on the lake for the weekend.. Should be a nice way to end the school year.

I went golfing on saturday and same old story.. "Funny shots Andrew, but you are scoring". My game has stayed exactly the same as when I got here.. No major improvements whatsoever.

It's been a good year.. and back home our son has moved back into the house and hopefully will keep it in one piece.. I haven't written much about Jacob, but I am very proud of the way he has handled this year. He's been forced to gain some serious independence. Which is good... He hasn't been home as long as we've been here... so I'm sure he's very happy to be back at the house.

On saturday I was stopping at a shop to get some butter. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I was greeted a group of woman who were singing and praying together as they marched on the main road in Lilongwe. They came from the Catholic cathedral near our home.. I was able to capture some of their singing as they passed by..  check it out..


Nothing else to report... All is well.. Kids are jumping off the walls to get home. Photos below are Maura in the driveway blocking my view of one of the things I'm really going to miss.. Sylvia, my purple rimmed beauty.. Bike riders on the road, and a grandfather with young one.  Happy monday folks