Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Notes for Wednesday

I usually post during my break at school. Unfortunately we ve had no power at school for 3 days ... Therefore no internet . I have a video to post for our friends at st Thomas but it takes way too long to upload , so you'll have to wait . I'm writing this on my phone. Did I tell you Michelle and I bought old iPhones ?? No longer using cellphones from 1990.  We are now connected and I'm using airtime and the blogger app to do this . Our lives have changed here for the better . I have typing on the phone  so I'll keep it short . All is well here as we hit humpday. Yesterday Cam our gardener accidentally locked our puppy in the shed , so around 6 pm I had to head out to get the key from him. At first I was a little upset about having to go out to meet him as opposed to settling in for the evening . As always , any trip out in this part of the world is an adventure and afforded me an opportunity to take in yet another beautful sky at sunset .. It's an amazing sunset and I kept wondering if the Malawians walking home from work felt the same way I did .. Do they think it's beautful? Or is it something they are used to seeing every evening on their commute home . I'd like to think we are feeling the same .. The sky here is so pretty it makes you never want to leave .. I find myself pulling over just to get a minute or two of quiet .  Then I find myself being stared at , laughed at by those heading home .. You stick out here . This place is absolutely insane , but if you can take in a sunset here and there , it's ok . Listening to Bruce Springsteens album " the wild, the innocent and the e steer shuffle " this morning in a very dark classroom .. Thanks bob . Missing a little bit of America and for some reason , old Bruce Springsteen makes me feel like riding a Ferris wheel. Happy Wednesday . Below are some photos from yesterday . Included are Jude and frances yucking it up on our bed before school. Also included is Jude acting as security guard with Cosmas . So much for keeping it short . 

Sky outside of school 
Evening commute home