Friday, February 6, 2015

Notes for Friday

Ill keep this short and sweet as I am about to start class. But as I type this, I am watching my son Jude dangle from the top of the slide in the playground.. My impulse is to run out and tell him to get down before he plummets to the ground.. But, I'll just play it cool and let him be.

I went out to Mkanda to drop off some food items for Felista( or it might be Felisita, now I'm not sure )..  I dropped off maize flour, cooking oil, salt , sugar and the all important blankets... I noticed she had roots and some small sticks sitting outside her home.. Probably drying them, in preparation for a fire.. I got a little bit of her background, but still unsure of her whole story.. Her husband apparently died from malaria 15 years ago, and she currently takes care of 4 grandchildren.

She came out to greet us, and was very grateful for the items.. I took some photos of the home in progress and took photos with the children.  My kids didn't go along this time due to swim practice, so the village children weren't as excited to see a 41 year old, pasty white man.

Not much else to say today.. all is well and I am looking forward to the weekend.  Michelle has some time off, we have a swim meet in the morning and then not much else.

Videos below are of the home and me and the children crowded around an iPhone.. oh, and my braai last night.. Love to grill.  Happy Friday everyone