Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hustle and bustle of morning commute

The drive to school each day is one of my favorite times of the day.. I had Kate take a few snapshots of on our way to school.. People are out and about starting around 5 am,  mostly walking to their places of work..  We are fortunate enough to have a vehicle that takes us wherever we need to go..
Here's some photos for you.. I try to impart this on our children whenever they complain about silly things..  

Michelle continues to plug away at work and is putting in long , long hours.. I swear I'll have her update the blog for you as what she has to say will shed more light on the reality of life here.. .  Much more than me putting up pictures of snacks .. I just need to peg her down for 30 minutes or so... We live a charmed life here in Malawi and I am reminded every morning as we swerve past women carrying children on their back while they have pounds of avocados balanced on the tops of their head to sell at the local market or on the street corner..   Yesterday Joseph was eating a piece of bread made from bananas (I can't remember the Chichewa name for it...) I was curious how it compared to the banana bread I made, so I had him do a taste test..  He bit into mine bread , looked at me and said.. "This one is number 1!" I told him the ingredients and he said.. "that's why.. it has flour, eggs and some sugar."  not sure what his bread was made with...

Hot as as get out again today ... You'll be happy to know that our children are doing very well their first quarter here at ABC... I am completing my first rounds of conferences and receiving nothing but compliments on my children.. they take after their father.

Gotta go..  Yesterday one of my nursery school students came up to me with long lines of snot running down their nose, proceeded to sneeze on me, then cough, then asked for a tissue.. After wiping their face clean of debris, they said.. "My mom says I'm sick. " I told them I agreed with their mother..



Cheetos of Malawi

Packing up for school

Charcoal for sale

buckets of avocados and carrying children..