Monday, November 3, 2014

a few random photos... start to another week in Malawi

Just trying to come up with something witty for the start of the week.. but I can't seem to muster up anything.. So I thought I'd throw a few random photos at you...

Michelle did get pulled over yesterday for speeding.. They took her license, made her come home to get 5000 Kwacha.. Took her phone number as well.. When she returned, she had to go across the street the to an officer who was sitting in the back of an ambulance collecting money.. I am sure the money will go to a good cause such as road repair, etc... Usually the money is pocketed..
A friend of mine talked about how he was carrying four crates of beer in the backseat of his car and was pulled over.. He offered the guys a few beers.. they took him up on it, got in his car and hitched a ride home as well.. while drinking his beers in his car.

The twins have their first birthday party to go to today... and it's a marathon..  1-5 pm .. should be a blast. Transportation is provided.

All for now as I prepare for my high school classes...
Nsima and fish


Kate and Michelle

Kids at the beach

Love this photo because initially it looks sweet.. like a moment between a father/daughter.. but in fact, Franny was pissed
at me.. and didn't want to walk. She reluctantly took my hand... after about 5 minutes of fighting..