Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Date night.



If I were a betting man, I would say it will  rain today... People around town are preparing the land for the rains and growing crops.. It has been an exhausting week or so with the heat... You don't feel like eating, the kids at school are exhausted by 1pm.. I'd love some air conditioning .

Michelle and I hope to hit the town tonight and drive 1/16 of a mile to a Korean restaurant called Fantasia.. No, it is not Disney themed, but it looks like a strip club on the outside... It has great reviews and people have stated its the best Korean food in Malawi.. They normally forget to mention that it is the only Korean restaurant in Malawi..

Wednesdays are busy, so I'll keep it short and sweet.. Start to prepare for our bus trip to Blantryre on Friday with the little kids... The itinerary is as follows
1. leave campus at 5:45..
2. arrive for swim meet
3. Swim
4. after meet head to dinner at .... you guessed it ... KFC!!!! I'm planning to get me one of those bowls of food where they combine all the stuff for you so your stomach doesn't have to.. I can't remember what it's called but I think you get Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy all in a bowl..

Had conference with Jude's teacher yesterday and she had nothing but great things to say.. He is dubbed the class clown and enjoys dancing sometimes.. I am constantly amazed at how well the kids have adjusted..  They have been rock solid. They're not even complaining about the heat... yet..
Gotta go.. 6th graders at the door ... Happy hump day.

Below is a blue headed tree Agama... they are popping up around town as the rainy season approaches.. I have heard they are poisonous, but that is not true.. This one was hanging outside my classroom this morning... it's about 16 inches long.. beautiful animal.. Another thing you won't see in Fort Thomas.

Blue headed agama
Great photo of Franny

Everyone feeling the heat.... Maura asleep on our bed.. kate laughing at her