Monday, June 9, 2008

matt and cathy.... Know your African geography?


here's the lowdown.. Matt and Cathy decided to start their journey a day early, to try and avoid any risk of not getting here... Oh the trials and tribulations of flying standby.. It is truly an adventure... We've been watching them via computer for the past 24 hours.. (it's like a Tv show). Michelle's dad was kind enough to meet them at the airport, get them on a flight to NYC, instead of Atlant(I don't think they were going to get out of the ATL) and head to Dakar, where they boarded another plane and are currently flying over the Atlantic Ocean about to cross over the coast of Namibia...which reminds me of the first time we made this trek. I was absolutely blown away by the site of sand dunes meeting the ocean... and then a sea of sand... and then a sea of landscape with no roads,no nothing.. It was cool to think ....1. I was flying over a land that I couldn't even find on a map and 2. that we were going to live here...

Ok, enough.. so how good is your African geography?... i put an African map on today's post for you to look at.. My knowledge of Africa was absolutely horrible.. But living here., has made me a little more knowledgeable...the capitol of Djibouti is Djibouti!!!!!

So... Matt and cathy may have to spend the night in Jo'burg tonight.. but will be here first thing tomorrow morning.. THerefore, the blog may take a small hiatus as we try to enjoy our company.. But if I get a chance, we'll post some photos and brief descriptions of what we've been up to.. On Friday , we head to kasane and will be there for 3 days...

Nothing else to report... What's the capitol of Guinea? Togo? Burkina Faso? I have no idea as well..