Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Our Anniversary

Today marks our 19th year of marriage..


It's hard to believe that it has been 19 years. The kids vowed to make us "romantic" snacks today, so I'm not really sure what that means.. Michelle and I have tentative plans to go out to eat at the swanky "Latitude13" restaurant on the outskirts of town.. We'll see how it goes. I had to email about a reservation and of 12:40 this afternoon, I have not heard a confirmation.. We may just have to eat at the Chinese restaurant down the street..
Michelle is working right now and I have just fed the kids lunch.. This morning i went down to the local thrift store called "DAP" and found me a great pair of Clark shoes for 5$. I needed a good pair of shoes for our dinner tonight..

Jude and treated ourselves to a few haircuts this afternoon at "Salon Mystique" .. We said yes to the free hair washing.. which is new to us. The women at Great Clips don't offer the washing, so I'll soak it up while I can. Jude really digs it..

I have surrendered to the children of late.. Being a month long Christmas break has wore out my "creative dad" side and turned me into a "why yes of course you can play on your kindles all day!!" We've exhausted solitaire, BS, and several other modes of card playing.. I promise I will pick it back up after today...  Kind of looking forward to going back to work.

On a more serious note, things at Michelle's work seem to be getting busier and serious.. The other day, the had 10 children die, mostly due to malaria. the season has just started, so I'm sure it will get worse.. Last night Michelle was called in to the ward because they had a total blackout.. The power went out, the generator didn't kick in , so the Pediatric department was completely and totally without power.. Again, be thankful for what we have.

Not much else to report.. cloudy and cooler here in Malawi but apparently not as cold as home. Stay warm folks!!
Happy Anniversary to us!!!

The photos below are of Jude relaxing prior to his trim, and a photo of the side of our home.. We have dozens and dozens of snails climbing the walls of our home.. Apparently these are the small ones.. The normal ones are as big as your hands..
snails 

Jude taking a break from his troubles