Tuesday, January 20, 2015

drive to school

Absolutely gorgeous morning here.. Sunny, 70's and breezy.. Not much to report as I fell asleep last evening right after reading the kids 2 pages of their book.. I was asked to read a chapter , but couldn't make it..

I have really taken a liking to reading about some WWII history.. Not exactly sure why, but it's been great reading.. Michelle told me I had to read "Unbroken" (highly recommend), which led to "Bedford Boys", which led to "the Greatest Generation", which has currently led to "The Longest Day"...  I think a little of my father is coming out .. He loved that stuff.

I thought I would post a few videos, pics from this morning.  I love the way the school day starts here.. Wide open, kids playing, kids congregating and being social. I know my children love the school here, primarily for that reason.. It doesn't feel like they are inside all day long..
So for your viewing pleasure here are some videos...  of our drive to school, jude with some classmates playing soccer, and something else.. I can't remember.. Also posted is a photo from a local bar I went to the other night to watch football.. They had a Notre Dame pennant on the wall. Go figure..  they also had pinups of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue covers, michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson..

All for now, Michelle is on call this evening, so Chicken casserole is on the books for dinner this evening..  Enjoy the videos..



Just before morning bell
Drive to school


Soccer before school