Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Wait is over!!!!

No more pictures of traditional weddings, people in villages, etc... Today we bring the good stuff... Kate and her classmates singing some great tunes... The last one I think is an Irish drinking song, something about stumbling home? Anyway, it was a great event and simply capped a wonderful term of school for her. Northside has been a good experience for Kate and Jacob and they are finally used to the different teaching/learning styles that are applied here. We love the school and hope for more celebrations like this one in the future. Jacob had a swimming gala today at school, followed by a big time swimming party.. kate has her swimming gala tomorrow morning. They don't return to school until mid January.

Here's the video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8E9JnaxZNM

If you'll notice, I've added a bit of slick video editing to this one... "the fade" is what we cinematographers like to call it. enjoy.
Not much else to write about. We are getting ready for our next big adventure which will start on Friday, early. We drive through Johannesburg to "Northern Berg" to stay in the Bridge Lodge for an evening. we will be driving through the Drakensberg mountains which I believe extend through South Africa and Lesotho..http://www.encounter.co.za/article/93.html They look beautiful. This should take around 7 hours, and then onto Durban/ salt rock and the Indian Ocean. I'll write a little more tomorrow.. i had another photo shoot in the village of gabane yesterday, I am becoming a fixture in the village. Sort of like Norm in "Cheers". except everyone else in the bar is black and I'm white. Ok, more like the dudes in "Animal House" when they walk into the bar to see Otis Day and the Knights sing "Shama Lama Ding Dong."
"It's Otis, He loves us!!"whatever it is it's great. I love the people and they are really kind in allowing me to take their photos. it's a good experience, but it's costing me some money, because I'm promising copies of pictures to those who want them. Unfortunately, they all want them. But I think they mean alot to them as they get really excited when I show up with their photo.