Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Puke Fest for December

Photo slideshow of our trip to South Africa... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeukkDuBygc


Well, we've gone several weeks without a sickness, but the vacation is over. Today's a sick day for everyone, and the T.V.'s going full force... Jacob, Jude, Frances and Michelle all have a bug and we're taking it easy.

If you haven't noticed, I've taken the liberty to change the face of the blog... it's time for an upgrade and I think the changes make for a much better reading experience for you, our readers. We hope you like the changes and will continue to read my


poor attempts at documenting our day to day experiences.

Today I went to the post office to pick up a package from our friends, the Demarcos, the Rusnaks, the Debruers and the Kerreys. It was a wonderful surprise and he kids are watching "The Grinch " as we speak.. (Michelle is reading all your trashy mags as well). Thanks so much for all the wonderful stuff, especially the coffee, we were getting ulcers from the coffee here. By the way, I look stunning in my new running gear.

We knew we had a package in the post office because michelle received a very tiny receipt in her work mailbox informing her of the delivery of a package. I went to the post office to see what it was, only to wait in line for 45 minutes.. No one else seems to care about how long one has to wait for things here, so I soaked in the experience. i read my passport information/ tips at least 20 times and enjoyed watching 30 - 40 people sidestep the line and jump right in front of the service window, only to get serviced with a smile and see no one complain about others cutting the line.. When it was finally my turn, the woman went to get my package, and couldn't pick it up so she just kept kicking it all the way across the floor. It took here 5 minutesto kick it across the floor, and i don't think she was too concerned with damaging the contents of the package.

The kids were psyched about the package and Michelle and i began to really miss home.. Thanks.... What's up with the Ohio State shirt, are you trying to piss us off? By the way, the Ohio State shirt fits right in here, if there is one sweatshirt I see people wearing here, it's Ohio State... No lie.... And Michigan.

on another note, we have added a list to the blog containing our favorite names of combis here in town.. My personal favorite on the list is "caution: Children on board" right underneath this sticker was a huge pot plant sticker. Nothing says safety like completely stoned driver. Satan is a good one too... You can't help getting on a combi named after the prince of darkness.

All for now, I'm too busy putting in another movie for my kids to watch..