Friday, October 26, 2007

Nice rainy day







It has cooled down considerably here and it feels like home. We have had a constant drizzle for a day now, with the temperatures in the low 60's. Not much to report today, we have a softball game to go to tonight(i think it will be cancelled). Here's a few more pics for your viewing pleasure.




Yesterday, I made our friend Tim the cab driver a CD full of different music ranging from Lucinda Williams to Neil Young. He picked it up and called me in a few minutes telling me how much he loved the music. I had made him a CD previously of Neko Case and he loved that as well. He had passengers enjoy the music as well, saying.. "I want to be your friend. If we were friends you would let me have this CD." He had other people offer to buy it fom him.. My plan is to start pirating CD's and making millions here in Botswana. What struck me about the whole CD thing was I saw him driving a few days ago and told him I would make another CD for him... He replied, of course... "When." I said i'd call him and let him know. I called him yesterday , told him the CD was ready and he said.. "I will come." He stopped working and sure enough was here in 10 minutes.




I think he loves the music, when I first met him he was listening to Merle Haggard and Conway Twitty. He said he loves the country music man.




One last note on the photos, one of the photos is of a carving on a tree in our backyard. I assume its the name of the person who planted it..