Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Give Me a Tinkle"




One of our running routes, it's getting green!!!
No mambas, pythons, puff adders or scorpions yet. Just frogs and lots of lizards.

Here's a few pics of our backyard friends. I wanted to have frog legs for dinner, but Michelle said no.


Jacob tried out for softball and swimming yesterday, we find out how well he did in the upcoming days. He will be participating in a chess match tomorrow vs. Broadhurst Primary(cross town rival, expect bloodshed)


Michelle is working in the main hospital this month and is seeing many, many things she has never encountered. Many sad stories of both children and adults alike.
Maura is settling into "Tiny Bubbles" and is learning to be "the minority". She has monkeynastiks on Monday, swmming on Tuesday and goes to school on Friday as well.
She still talks of her friend Bubby, who no one at the school knows. Bubby wore a striped shirt and brown pants to school today. At least he/she is stylish.

It is currently getting very green here, almost overnight. Everything looks great, no more dust storms and the weather has been superb. The sky at dusk is absolutely beautiful and sky is the most amazing deep blue during the day.

Today I tried to straighten out our car situation. As of today, our car has been sitting in Durban, South Africa since Sept. 24. According to the people that work there and who are in charge of shipping our car, it was going to leave Durban last Monday, then last Wednesday, then last Friday. It never came, so it was supposed to leave today, but now I have assured by Washington, the main man at the headquarters , that it will leave tomorrow.. If it doesn't , he told me "I could come there and slit his throat.." I replied that I wouldn't be able to get to Durban to slit his throat because I don't have a car.. He thought that was funny.

In another conversation I had with a woman in Salt Rock Beach regarding renting a home for a holiday in December. I told her I would talk the options over with Michelle and call her back and she replied... "ok, just talk it over and give me a tinkle." Tinkle, now that's funny. Nothing like middle school humor. I would laugh at that word anytime.

I had mentioned a few posts ago about our security guards Steve and James and how many consecutive days they had been working... They have been working contiunously everyday since that post and will finally get a day off on Thursday.

At least 2 1/2 weeks, everday 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.

In other news, we have a young girl coming to help with the twins on a full time basis. Her name is Celeste and she is fantastic with the kids. She plays anything with Maura and is wonderful with the twins. It's nice to have extra hands around and for someone to be here so I can walk up and get the kids at school without having to drag everything and everyone with me..

All for now, Go Rockies!!!