Thursday, October 25, 2007

The new car plates are here, the new car plates are here!!!!

After 8 hours of waiting and many days of hassle, we are finally legit. If it is boring to read about our adventures in testing our car and getting the plates for it, I apologize. I feel like I've been through a war, but it was totally worth it... This morning i went back to the transport place, applied for registration, received a number and drove to another location(located in a strip mall) that makes the plates for you while you wait!!!! The shop was the size of a bathroom, a young man took your paperwork, you pay around 20 bucks for 2 plates, and he prints them on plastic for you. When I parked my car, you are approached by men who for 30 cents will "watch your car for you" and wash it even while you shop. After I finished getting the plates, I drove down a street named Broadhurst and bought a table from one of the many men who make furniture from scrap wood, stain it and sell it for about 15-20 bucks. He is making an end table for me that I will pick up tomorrow. There are vendors everywhere selling everything from furniture to pieces of candy. We are taking Jacob out to dinner tonight to the "red Dragon" chinese restaurant , which is actually the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to.. We went with a group one of the first days we were here and 8 of us ate for around 40 dollars( we all were drinking as well.)
For the weekend outlook.... there is a half marathon i'm thinking about running and on Saturday the U.S. embassy has a Halloween party. Sunday we will have a birthday party for Maura and jacob and take in a little taped World Series. Don't tell me who wins, but if there is a rain postponement, someone let me know.

Thanks for the postings for jacob, we really enjoyed hearing from everyone.