Thursday, March 5, 2015

Headed to Nationals, Basketball season closes out, Frances gets MVP

Lots of sports stuff going on right now, which feels alot like home. We head out tomorrow afternoon for a giant swim meet in Blantyre(about 5 hours aways)..  The kids are swimming in just about every long distance event there is, so they should be exhausted after this weekend. Kate swims in an event today as well.
Yesterday, the little kids finished up the basketball season. I didn't really report too much about the basketball, mainly because I didn't see any of it. It took place on days that I teach until 2:30 and all basketball games/ practices go from 1:30- 2:30.  Yesterday I let my students out a little early, but still missed the final basketball games of the season.. Jude's team pulled out the first win of the season, while Maura's team beat Franny's  team for the 4th time of the season.. I think Franny's team won three times so this was a tie breaker. Frances did not take any losses this season well, but everything was forgotten when her coach gave her the MVP award for the team..  Franny doesn't like to lose and loves to cheat.

That's it for now.. photos of the teams are below.. as well as a great photo of Cam and Joseph. They had requested uniforms for work so we were able to purchase some for them. I was surprised as to how excited they were when they put them on. I guess it makes them official..  I also bought them a kettle to heat water for tea, etc.. and an extension cord. I gave them sugar, tea and milk to use and said they could use it anytime. The weather is getting cooler and i thought it would be a good thing for them to have..  Joseph and Cosmas had no idea how to use it.  They don't use electricity at home and I didn't realize an electric kettle would be such a luxury.

I think that is all for now.. I'll try and update the results of the swim meet while we are there.. As said before, if the kids do well, we get to go to Angola!

Hope all is well. Missing all the snow back home, but enjoying swimming!.
Joseph and Cam

Franny and teammates

Maura and team

Jude the dude