Wednesday, March 26, 2008

so far, so good.





Matt and I headed to gabane today to visit with my good friends at the chubuku stands and other areas of the village.. We met Bashi, OJ, Rosy, Alicia and all the crew.. they were in rare form, 3 sheets to the wind at 10 am. We did see a rare sight... the were slaughtering a cow right outside the butcher shop when we arrived. I didn't have the stomach to take close photos, but I think Matt got a few from a distance.. We visited with our friends at the pottery shop and are planning on quiz night at the bull and bush bar this evening... Tomorrow, I believe we head out to golf with the warthogs in Phakalane.


Here's a photo of Matt at a dusty bar in Odi..we had visited the Odi weavers and stopped at the "Take 2 bar"... they were playing some great music when we arrived, only to have it change to Maria Carey when we sat down to enjoy our beverages.... None the less, we had a nice visit with a few of the locals. And beers were a buck.