Thursday, March 6, 2008

friends of the neighborhood



Michelle and I have decided to take snapshots of all the people we encounter on our daily walks aroud the block.. Today I took a few photos of places I go and people I meet. The first photo is Abel and Oakantse. They are security guards around the corner from us.. they're my setswana teachers as well as good, good friends to Jude and Frances. The next is a photo of one of my favorite people in all of Botswana... Our security guards James... He is the nicest man and Jude's favorite.. Jude gives him kisses everyday and begs James to hold him.. Of course you know the kids in the next photo... the next are all the boys that work in Liqourama. i have several pictures from this place... of some of the women who ring us up... Dineo and Koziba, who are my personal favorites... I'll have photos of them another time. Lastly is one of Maura outside her new school..
Not much to report.. very busy of late with the mural, photos and work on a project for Michelle's clinic.. We have no big plans today or this up coming weekend. Saturday the kids are taking a pottery class in Gabane, and cornhole is on for Saturday..
the people in the photos are what make this place so great. They're awesome, always kind, and helpful.