Thursday, April 30, 2015

short week, happy Labor day from Malawi!!

Tomorrow is a national holiday, which means there will be truckloads of people heading to the lake, most of the them showing off the butts for anyone who will look.  We took a drive to the lake a while back when we had a day off and people were piled in the backs of trucks..... celebrating with various beverages and pulling their pants down right and left.. Kate did not find it amusing.
So, with that said, we will try and beat the rush tomorrow morning and leave our home about 7 or 8 am.. I will take the kids back to Cape Maclear and snorkel, hang out at otter point and lounge on the beach.. Poor Michelle has to work all weekend .. This will be the last time we make it to this part of the country...

Frances is feeling better but not all the way back to herself.  Something is going around school, town, etc.. that is getting everyone... And it seems like African illnesses linger a little longer than most.. Michelle came home yesterday from the hospital wearing proof that a stomach bug has infected alot of people here..

Busy day as we prepare for our trip... We went to a Chinese shop yesterday to pick up some rafts to lay on in the lake... And I can tell you that in this part of the world a Chinese shop = shit shop... The items they sell in those stores is absolute garbage.. Interestingly enough, the place is overflowing with employees rearranging toys, soaps, cheap lamps and clothes with stains all over them.. But, we did find a strawberry shortcake raft that should at least last us a day at the lake.

It being Thursday Ill put up a few photos from a few months ago I don't think I've shared(Throwback Thursday).. If I have posted some of these already ,  I apologise..   cows on the lake, me in the lake (looking like my father), dug out wooden boats, the amazing African sky and another amazing photo of me getting a free tshirt for buying the most beer of anyone that had visited the store that day.. (I am very proud of that accomplishment )..

Weather is just absolutely perfect, I hope it stays this way for the weekend... Ill report briefly from the lake if I have internet access..
Hope all is well back home...