Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Notes for Tuesday


Tuesday brings heat.. Probably means it will rain alot later today.. Yesterday Joseph our security guard came to the door and asked me.. "Is my friend reading?" I wasn't really sure what he was saying at first.. And I asked him to repeat... He said "Is my friend reading for school?"  I nodded in agreement and said.. "ah yes!" Hoping that would settle the deal.. He said, " no , Is he reading for school..I want to play soccer. I need the practice." I then realised he was asking to see if Jude was busy doing homework.. I went to Jude who in fact was reading for school and told him Joseph wanted to see if wanted to play soccer.. Jude jumped up off the couch and bolted outside to play with Joseph.. Joseph is a sweet man... They play soccer around 3 times a week.. He always lets Jude win. 
The rat/rats are having a field day above our heads at night... we may need to take a more serious approach to this.. It sounds as if they will fall right on top of us.. As long as it isn't giant fruit bats that circle our home in the evening.. 
Life is good today in Malawi. All for today. below are some extra photos taken by Maura with our camera... Our view from Zomba, Michelle and Kate chilling on the porch taking in a book, cold air and the view(which is the photo of Zomba).. Sailboat on lake Malawi and a young girl doing the dishes in the lake.. 
Gotta go.. Class at the door