Thursday, April 2, 2015

Might be the last post for a week or so..

Please keep checking in, but we are preparing for a big trip through the southern part of the country...
We are going to fly by the seat of our pants on this one... It's kind of set in stone, but we figured we'd try it the African way and see what happens.. One of the beautiful things that Africans have that is way better than us is "holiday time"... It seems like every place we go , we meet people who are traveling but just kind of playing it by ear.. They will say... "we booked this place for 2 nights, but we kind of like it and hope to stay another 3 nights... " We have booked a few places as we head to Cape Maclear, then Mount Mulanje, then Zomba Plateau... after that, we may just stay in Zomba or head back up to the lake.. we'll see.

We arrived back in Lilongwe after our brief trip to the lake and just kind of hung out all afternoon.
We start packing today and plan to leave early Saturday morning... Cape Mac is about 4.5 hours away(which usually means 6 hours) and we'll hang there with some friends, then on to the southern region..
I'll try to update the blog since I now have internet service on my phone wherever I can get it..
But sometimes it is pretty spotty..

Photos are mostly of the kids.. I love the one of Maura dancing at school.. Also included is our spread from a Sunday braai at a friends' house.. Included are kabobs of chicken hearts.. the photos of the cows is the road to the lake.. most of the cows you see here just wander around, but are usually followed by a young boy or teenager who tends to them...  Lastly, are three guys that are working the taxi rank.. I took the photo because I think one guy had a MIAMI University shirt on and the other had a Ohio State shirt on... These three gentleman flag down combos/ taxis, etc for you and get you where you need to go..

Ok, all for now.. sorry for the rushed notes, but kids are still asleep and I have lots to get taken care of before they ruin my quiet time.  Hope all is well.. I guess if I don't keep up with the blog... I am happy to see baseball start back up , and I guess I'll wish UK the best in their quest for perfection.. Most of my friends are UK fans, so I ll suck up my pride and wish them the best, since UL was knocked out...