Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chuck Norris, pot smoke and "tail of the goat"


it's 12;30 in botswana right now and our neighbors over the wall are smoking dope like there's no tomorrow. We are all probably getting a contact buzz from the scent. I guess that explains why Jude is demanding to watch "fantasia" while listening to Pink floyd's "the wall". I'm sure they're using it for medicinal reasons.

Michelle and i went out for a bit last night to celebrate me getting old. We went to a local bar at the Main Mall called "Qhwest". We had a great time, met some locals name Kaiser, Charlie and Mooketsi, all professionals who trained in either England or the U.S. We had a nice time discussing things and again realized how ignorant we are about the rest of the world. The discussion was entertaining and I did walk away with a sense that although I am ignorant of most of this region, my perception of the place is correct... I think... Make sense?


They talked of travelling through Botswana, and said it was the "last of free roam Africa" , where you can really feel you are in the wild.....no paved roads, chance of never seeing anyone else for weeks, etc. Travelling through this place is a wild and unique, but i'm not sure if it's the "last" of these places . He talked of people camping in the bush with little babies, and having hyenas take the children right out of the tent... don't worry, we won't take the twins anywhere like that... but if I do, i'll be sure to dress them in their meat suits.


They told us that Chuck Norris comes here every year to vacation..... Then it must be wild.. one side note.... In my search for an image of Chuck Norris, I came across the website.. I'm sure it's very popular and I'm just out of the loop, but it was funny.

Another thing I wanted to mention today was the "tail of the goat" . basically its a thumbs up or thumbs down that people use here... It's just like everywhere else and has the same connotations... If the thumb is up, the tail of the goat is up, and everything is "Sharpo", slang for cool, great, awesome, ok , etc. Thumbs down, tail of the goat down, not so good...

not rocket science, but i thought I'd pass that little tid bit on to you....
i'm good for something.
All for now.