Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moved in and making stupid moves!

It's been a while.... But without videos to post from game drives and undiscovered territories, posting blog entries doesn't seem so exciting.

We have moved into our home in Fort Thomas.. My dad is probably cursing me from his grave, but I'm sure it would be all is good fun. It is great to be in our own place, where the kids can wander the neighborhood. walk to school and be closer to friends.

Whether or not getting a dog and a cat were a good idea remains to be seen.. but that's what we did yesterday.. Maura got a cat and Kate picked out a dog.. Maura named the cat "snoofy" b/c she can't say snoopy for some reason..
Jacob pitches this morning in his first ballgame since before we moved to Botswana.. Hopefully it goes well and he doesn't take it too seriously.

Needless to say, we are feeling more normal again.. But there isn't an hour of the day where my mind thinks of Africa. I think that's a good thing. But I miss it.

My mom has moved back to her own home which is wonderful news.. She is adjusting to a new sense of normalcy, driving and doing everything else. We got together with her to celebrate st. patty's day and it was great to see her back at home.

One quick note... Jude and Franny have moved to toddler beds which is nice, but also makes napping a bit of a problem.. 2 days ago, I went to check on them and Frances was sound asleep in her bed, while Jude was nowhere to be found..

After some investigation, I noticed him sitting up in a stuffed animal toy bin fast asleep. You had to be there.

It's a beautiful chilly morning here, i'm going to enjoy my coffee, head for a long run later and check the house to see what the cat has ruined.. Kate is pulling Frances around by a leash and collar. Should I be concerned that Frances plays a convincing dog?