Wednesday, December 31, 2008

back here in the U.S.





People keep asking whether I am going to continue to blog after our adventure, and I haven't felt like it has been worth it since our return to the U.S. But I've been wanting to write just a little bit and thought maybe I would add a few things when i have the time...
As for what we've been up to here.... nothing.. It's been a transitional time, had christmas and now we simply prepare for school, amongst other things.. We are continually helping my mom get better and that seems to be going well.
But I think we are sad. We miss just about everything that we had back in Bots, and things here seem totally out of touch(i am speaking for myself). I just can't figure it out. I think this is a re-introduction into what we once had, but it just doesn't feel right.. I think in time this will pass, but for now, things seems very strange here. I am excited to be home, to be here with my mom and family, etc. but it isn't Botswana. I think this is what people mean when they say..." once you go to Africa, it will stay with you forever." I don't know who said that, i could have just made it up, or maybe i read it somewhere, but it's very true.
It's early in our return and i'm sure things will feel normal again, but my mind wanders alot back to Botswana.

The photos... Me and Celeste just before we left(as you can tell, I had gotten a little choked up). Celeste was like another daughter to me and I wasn't expecting to get so emotional when I left.. I think it was mostly just being rushed home without properly saying goodbye.. the night before i left, I drove her home and we sat outside her gate for the longest time. She cried like a baby and told me how much our family meant to her.. It was nice.
Jude as a shepherd and Maura as an angel in their school Chrismtas play. They continue to run around my mom's house screaming the song.. "little donkey, little donkey on a dusty road!!!"
Jude after Frances left.. Jude became confused after Franny left and wasn't sure what to do with himself. So he began dressing up in dresses.. alot.

All for now, Michelle is off work today(cincy Childrens) and we have some plans to see friends this evening.. Hopefully all goes well.